Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dual career partners: "success story saga" part.2

One month ago, you discovered the first chapter of the Dual career partners success story saga. 
If you remember well, the saga was first started to provide an answer to an accompanying spouse I met who wanted to meet more expat's partner who had successfully passed the stage of searching a job.

I received a lot of positive feedback and therefore am very happy the post today the part 2 of the saga:


"During summer 2010, when my husband was offered a job in Switzerland, I was just pregnant; this was a perfect timing for a change! We accepted the offer and moved with our newborn baby to Neuchatel, end of 2010.

I resigned from my position in Italy and took the opportunity of my first year in Switzerland to enjoy being with my daughter and to learn French.
Learning French went surprisingly very fast, but this is probably because I only had French-speaking friends: I quickly got to know many young mothers leaving around our place.

After one year, I decided it was time for me to go back to work; I was so impatient to discover the inside of the Swiss companies and to practice my French intensively.
We were very lucky: My husband company offers a career support program to the spouses of employees who were hired abroad.

Sandrine from job4U2 helped me to precise my professional project: I had so many ideas, I even considered creating my own business but realised I wanted to be part of a team.
We identified my strengths, my expertise areas and worked on the CV and the application file.
This was hard work, but I was quite satisfied with the result.
 
Sandrine wouldn’t let me apply blindly everywhere and insisted on defining who were the companies fitting best my profile and expectations.
I did not send that many applications, 3 or 4 maybe? I can’t remember. The interviews went pretty well (I was fully prepared!)

I signed my working contract just 3 months after we kicked off the program with a company located less than 10 min away from my home, it is a 90% occupation job which leave me time to be with my 2 years old daughter.
I have started working just after my holiday and from the first week onward I felt I was at the right place and realised how much I had missed working. I believe I have now found the right balance and have it all: A great job, A wonderful location to live, an happy family!"
P.T.


If you liked this blog, please share this article with your network and register on the blog for email alerts. 

Sandrine van den Oudenhoven
job4U2, "relocation is a project for both"

Related posts:




No comments:

Post a Comment